When I’m off on my date nights, now you know who it’s with. It’s with Kale.
Kale makes me feel smarter, healthier, I find that my skin radiates and I feel satisfied. PERFECT addition to my life I must say. Every girl should be made to feel this way, wouldn’t you agree?
Well I wouldn’t be completely telling the truth if I didn’t tell you that kale is in fact, not a man but a leafy green vegetable. I know, I know i’m a dork but it is such a great addition to my diet that if you were to try and eat more of only one vegetable I would recommend this one. Let me tell you why:
- Kale is low in calorie, high in fiber and has zero fat. One cup is 36 calories, 5 grams of fiber.
- High in iron.
- High in vitamin K.
- Filled with powerful antioxidants, especially the good cancer fighting ones like carotenoids and flavonoids.
- Kale is a great anti-inflammatory food that works wonders on acne, improving our skin with vitamin A especially.
- Kale is high in calcium, has more calcium than milk
- And is high in vitamin C.
Below are some outtake shots (pictures that were not selected) that I was able to get my hands on from a talk and photoshoot in which the models invited had to represent their favorite vegetable or fruit in a fun way to motivate and talk about nutrition. I spoke about kale and going on date nights with kale 😉
I will share the easiest and quickest way I prepare kale in the next post! Enjoy!
Eat Your Vegetables
Smart is Sexy
What’s your new favorite veggie to incorporate in your diet?